BYLAWS - CHARTERED JUNE 16, 1967
Lone Star Chapter
June 16, 1967
The name of this corporation, its corporate purpose, the terms of its existence and the fact that it is a nonprofit corporation are set forth in the Articles of Incorporation filed with
the Secretary of State, as evidenced by the Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Secretary of State of the State of Texas on May 17, 1979, Texas Charter No. 476120-1. The
Bylaws (Revised) are subject to the provisions of the Articles of Incorporation.
ARTICLE I - CHAPTER NAME
The name of this not-for-profit organization shall be the Lone Star Chapter of the Family Motor Coach Association, Inc., hereinafter referred to as Chapter and FMCA.
ARTICLE II - OBJECT
- PURPOSE: This Chapter exists to promote social, recreational, and informational exchange activities that provide for the enjoyment and pleasurable use of family
- AREA/SCOPE: This Chapter shall be authorized to function in the South Central Area of FMCA. Chapter members are located primarily in State of Texas and The South
ARTICLE III - MEMBERS
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for and to maintain membership in the Chapter, a person must be in good standing with FMCA, and meet the dues requirement and
provisions set forth in the Bylaws of this Chapter.
- Membership in this Chapter shall not be denied any person because of race, sex, religion, color, marital or family status, age, nationality, or disability.
- The term "Family Unit," is defined as a person; his or her spouse, or partner; dependents of each regardless of age; non-dependent grandchildren and great-
grandchildren aged 18 and under.
- The term "Membership," is defined as either a family unit or an individual or individuals owning a Qualifying Recreational Vehicle who share a FMCA membership
- The term "Member," is defined as each adult who, jointly or individually, constitutes a membership. The voting rights of each member are defined in the description of
- The term "Qualified Recreational Vehicle," is defined as a self-contained wheeled vehicle that includes permanently installed cooking, sleeping and sanitary facilities.
- DUES AND FEES: ANNUAL DUES:
- Annual payment of FMCA and Chapter dues enables individuals and family unit members to become active members and entitled to all rights and privileges of
FMCA and the Chapter. The annual dues for membership in the Chapter shall be an amount as the membership shall establish.
- RENEWAL: Renewal dues from Chapter members become due and payable annually by November 30.
- INITIAL APPLICATION: Application for new membership shall be accompanied by payment of annual Chapter and National dues (unless already an FMCA
member). If an initial application is accepted after July 1, the dues shall be regarded as covering the next membership year.
- INITIATION FEE: New and reinstated members will be required to pay an initiation fee in an amount to be established by the Chapter membership.
- ARREARS: Any member whose dues remain unpaid by January 15 shall be considered delinquent; after February 28, chapter membership is canceled.
ARTICLE IV- OFFICERS
- The Officers of this chapter are: President, First Vice President, Second Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, National Director, and Alternate National Director.
- The chapter also has six (6) Directors.
- DUTIES OF OFFICERS: The duties of elected officers shall be as defined in the Member and Volunteer Handbook and in the Standing Rules.
- TERMS OF OFFICE: The elected officers of this Chapter shall serve a one year term of office, or until their successors are elected. The elected Directors of this chapter shall serve a two year term of
office or until their successors are elected. Three Directors are to be elected in even years and three in odd years.
- RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS:
- A member must be in and maintain good standing with FMCA and the chapter and own at least a 1/3 ownership in a Qualifying Recreational Vehicle in order to hold an office in this chapter.
- An individual FMCA member may hold office(s) in only 1 chapter.
- Individual FMCA members may hold no more than 2 offices in the same chapter.
- Any member in good standing with FMCA and this chapter may be nominated from the floor for any elective office.
- No official or member shall become vested of any right, title to, or interest in any Chapter property, except as required by law.
- EXECUTIVE BOARD:
- The officers of the chapter shall constitute the Executive Board.
- The Executive Board shall have general supervision of the affairs of the chapter between its business meetings. The Board shall be subject to the orders of the chapter, and none of its acts
shall be in conflict with the chapter or FMCA.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
- The six (6) Directors and chapter officers shall constitute the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors shall develop general overall policies for the business, financial, and other affairs of the Chapter.
ARTICLE V - COMMITTEES
- APPOINTMENT: Committee members and Chairperson (except Nominating Committee) shall be appointed by the President, (see Article VII1 A)
- DUTIES: All committees shall function within the policies of the Chapter and (except Nominating Committee) under the direction of the President. Financial reports, vouchers, and monies due the
Chapter shall be submitted on a timely basis.
- QUORUM: A Committee quorum shall be a majority.
ARTICLE VI - CHAPTER ADMINISTRATION
- AUTHORITY: This Chapter shall be democratically self-governed, deriving its existence and authority from the consent of its membership assembled in meeting or, in certain instances, by mail vote
on stated propositions.
- ORGANIZATIONAL YEAR: The Membership year of the Chapter shall commence on January 1 and end on December 31. The Fiscal year shall commence on October 1 and end on September 30.
- CHAPTER MEETINGS:
- Types: The term "meeting" shall include coach rallies, campouts, dinner meetings, and any other gatherings suitable to the function of the Chapter.
- BUSINESS MEETINGS: The Chapter shall hold at least 2 business meetings each membership year at which a quorum is present. Said meetings must be at least 14 days apart and be duly
announced in advance to the membership.
- ANNUAL ELECTION: One of the business meetings shall be the Annual Meeting at which Chapter Officers and Directors are elected.
- QUORUM: A quorum for the transaction of business at any duly called Chapter meeting is 25% of the Chapter family unit membership or 15 family units, whichever is less, (see Article III #3)
- VOTING: Except as specified elsewhere in these Bylaws, a simple majority vote of members (Article III, #5) in good standing present and voting shall be required to approve or disapprove any
The Chapter has established that voting will be one vote for each adult member. f. PARLIAMENTARY PROCESS: The rules contained in the current edition of ROBERT'S RULES OF ORDER NEWLY REVISED shall govern this Chapter's proceedings to which they are
Balloting by mail may be undertaken when a proposed matter is voted to be of such importance or urgency that a total membership vote is advisable.
applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with the Constitution and Bylaws of FMCA, and the Bylaws of this Chapter.
4. MAINTAINING FMCA AFFILIATION: This Chapter must maintain a minimum of 15 family units, (see Article III #3)
The Chapter Secretary shall furnish to the National Office of FMCA, no later than the last week in December, a membership list, a list of chapter officers, and assurance that 2 business meetings 5. ANNUAL FINANCIAL REVIEW: An independent annual financial review of the Chapter's financial books and records shall be undertaken and reported to the membership.
6. APPLICATION OF NATIONAL CONSTITUTION AND BYLAWS: This Chapter accepts and agrees that the Chapter Bylaws shall conform to any mandatory requirements stipulated in the Constitution
and Bylaws of FMCA.
ARTICLE VII - ELECTIONS
- NOMINATING COMMITTEE COMPOSITION:
- The Nominating Committee shall consist of not less than 3 Chapter members in good standing, nominated and elected yearly by the Chapter membership.
- Election of an individual to the Nominating Committee shall not prohibit that person from being nominated for elected office.
- NOMINATING COMMITTEE DUTIES:
- To select one of its members as Nominating Committee Chairman.
- To nominate candidates for: (a.) The Chapter Offices of President, First Vice President, Second Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, National Director, and an Alternate National Director and
(b.) Three Directors.
- To obtain clear acceptance of the nominees to serve the Chapter should they be elected.
- To make certain that nominated candidates are members in good standing and qualified under applicable FMCA and Chapter bylaws.
- To nominate candidates to fill vacancies that occur in elected Chapter offices.
ARTICLE VIII - AMENDMENT OF BYLAWS
- MANDATORY AMENDMENTS: National Bylaw Amendments applicable to Chapter operations shall be automatically adopted by the Chapter and are not subject to a vote by the Chapter membership.
- AMENDING PROCEDURE: These Bylaws may be amended by a 65 percent affirmative vote of the members present and voting at a duly-called meeting, providing that prior notice of at least 30 days
has been given of the proposition(s) to amend.
Any member of the Chapter may propose amendments to the Bylaws.
Approved amendments to these Bylaws become effective immediately upon their adoption, or at such time as specified in the amendment.
- DISTRIBUTION: Copies of changes, additions, amendments, or revisions to these Bylaws shall be forwarded to the National Office and to the National Area Vice President.
ARTICLE EX - LIQUIDATION AND DISSOLUTION
In the event of dissolution of this Chapter of FMCA, by majority vote of the chapter, all of the remaining assets of the Chapter shall be contributed to the purpose(s) for which the Chapter is organized, or to a
qualified non-profit charity or charities.
Effective: Sheri Brewer
(Date the chapter voted on the bylaws or amendments to the bylaws)
Original Bylaws were revised and amended:
September 17, 1988
September 22, 1990
September 20. 1997
September 18, 1998
December 2, 2005
February 21, 2009
September 29, 2018